About the Silver Surfer Awards Sponsorship Opportunity
This year will be the seventh year of the Silver Surfer Awards and Age Action is looking for a new sponsor to take over from Google, whose four-year sponsorship agreement came to an end in 2014. Please contact Daragh Matthews on 01 4756989 or on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Silver Surfer Awards have the support of the Digital Champion of Ireland, Lord Puttnam, and the Department of Communications, Energy & Natural Resources.
More about the Silver Surfer Awards
The Silver Surfer Awards take place each year on October 1st, with awards handed out across several categories - including the overall Silver Surfer Award.
Since they began in 2009, the Silver Surfer awards have grown each year and attract positive media coverage. In 2014, the awards event achieved more than 100 media mentions, with coverage in print, online and broadcast (Google’s Social Action media coverage).
An outside broadcast of the George Hook show took place in Google after the awards and a photo of one of the winners was featured on the cover the Irish Times Business section. The caliber of the nominations has been exceptional with heart-warming and inspiring stories which attract excellent media attention.
The benefits for the sponsor
- Increased visibility and profiling of your brand among older people
- Enhanced corporate image by involvement in older people’s issues
- Meeting corporate social responsibilities by having a positive impact on the lives of older people
- Strengthened community ties
- Improved employee relations and engagement through volunteer opportunities to train older people in basic IT skills
- Positive media coverage with increased brand awareness and reputation by partnering with a highly respected and trusted charity
Why Age Action?
- Age Action Ireland has a proven track record of running the Silver Surfer Awards in partnership with high profile sponsors such as Google and 3 mobile
- Age Action is a highly respected and trusted charity, is regarded as a media authority on older people's issues and has been Ireland’s leading charity for older people since 1992
- We have a strong community presence throughout Ireland with the Getting Started computer training initiative, Positive Ageing Week and the Care and Repair service
- We have a reputation for excellence with a strong identity
- We have a nationwide network of community partners