At the heart of our work in Age Action are a series of core values which inform and guide every aspect of our advocacy work, services, policies and practices.
They are based on respect for the dignity of every person.
Our values are as follows:
Actively Engaged Citizens
- All people should have opportunities to be actively engaged in their own welfare and development.
- We will strive to ensure that every older person has the opportunity to live interdependently with family and community.
Justice and Equality
- We will challenge all forms of discrimination against older people.
- We will challenge disadvantages experienced by older people.
- We are committed to justice and equality for all people including older people.
- We will strive to ensure that every person has the right to equal access to services according to their needs.
- We value the diversity of people of all ages.
Highest Standards of Service
- We promote the maximum participation of older people in all aspects of our work.
- We listen to all people.
- We adopt the highest ethical standards in all our work.
- We will deliver the highest standards of service to users of our services.
- We will be efficient and effective in our work.
- Every member of our staff will feel included as part of the organisation in an open, friendly environment.
- Age will not be a barrier to employment in Age Action.
- We will adopt the highest standards of corporate compliance and accountability.
- We work in collaboration with others to the benefit of our members and the users of our services
Strategic Plan 2016-2018
Age Action's Core Values are a key element of our Strategic Plan 2016-18. You can download the full document in PDF format by clicking the link below.