You are here
Administrative Assistant Getting Started Programme (Job Ref CES-2112418)
|Contract Type||Community Employment|
|Job Location||Inchicore, Dublin 8|
JOB REF: CES-2105764
Age Action Ireland, which was established in 1992, is the leading advocacy organisation on ageing and older people in Ireland. Our mission is to achieve fundamental change in the lives of all older people by empowering them to live full lives as actively engaged citizens and to secure their rights to comprehensive high quality services according to their changing needs. Our main activities are grouped under the following headings, each of which is the responsibility of a staff team, advocacy & communications, business development, including Charity Shops, administration and finance and regional development and services
Getting Started Programme
The aim of this programme is to provide basic training on the use of computers and mobile phones for people over 55. It started in 2008 and has been extremely popular among older people and has spread rapidly particularly in the Dublin, Cork and Galway areas. We are now into our fourth phase of the project which is funded by the Department of Communication, Energy & Natural Resources, Knowledge Society Division – eInclusion Section. Our aim is to provide as many older people as possible a chance to learn and develop their computer and mobile phone skills with a view to enhancing their participation in society.
Post: Administrative Assistant
Responsible to: National Development Manager
Location: 10 Grattan Crescent, Inchicore, Dublin 8
Working Hours: 19.5 hours per week – Community Employment Programme
To provide administrative support to National Development Manager in implementing the Getting Started Programme
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in the organising of computer training classes by liaising with students
· Keep database (CRM) up to date with records of courses, students and volunteer tutors.
· Liaise with venues regarding class schedules
· Assist with scheduling classes
· Recruit students through advertisements such as posters, newsletters
· Act as the first point of contact with students and enrol them in classes
· Act as substitute tutor on an occasional basis
· Travel to class venues on occasional basis to help with class organisation
· Maintain administration area, to ensure that it remains clean, tidy and well stocked with relevant material
· Attend meetings and training courses when necessary
· Maintain a flexible approach to all aspects of the job including changes to working days including Saturday and evening work
· Abide by company rules and regulations
· Carry out all reasonable requests of the Project Officer.
· Any other reasonable duties required
To apply for C.E. vacancies please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for any vacancy. Find details of your local employment office here.
Please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for this vacancy. Job Reference Number CES-2112418 will be required. Eligibility to participate on CE is generally linked to those who are 21 years or over . Applicants must also be in receipt of an Irish social welfare payment for 1 year or more.
Applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you would like to be considered for the post with an up to date CV and details of two referees. I should be grateful if you would confirm that you are eligible.
Age Action Ireland is totally opposed to age discrimination and the best candidate will be appointed regardless of age. Being over 50 years of age will not be a disadvantage