One of the biggest challenges we face at Age Action is the raising of funds to continue our work with older people and their carers.
Age Action is a national charity, which works to improve the quality of life of all older people, especially those who are most disadvantaged and vulnerable. Through our programmes and campaigns we work to enable them to live full, independent and satisfying lives. We also work closely to support the carers of older people.
Although the number of older people in Ireland is growing steadily, many face considerable difficulties such as the threat of poverty, age discrimination and inadequate access to quality services such as community care, the health services and rural transport. Age Action is working at local level with groups of older people, while also campaigning at national level to influence policy makers to address these problems.
Your support will help us to:
- Roll out our “Care and Repair” project, which carries out small repairs to older people’s homes and also operates a home visitation service.
- Expand our “Getting Started” programme, which trains older people to use computers and the Internet.
- Promote our “Dignity in Care” programme, which promotes the value and importance of dignity in care settings, improving the quality of care for older people.
- Further develop our “University of the Third Age (U3A)” network, which supports the establishment of groups of older people for educational and social get-togethers.
- Provide information about rights and entitlements to the thousands of callers who contact our “Information Service” each year.