Age Action is the leading advocacy charity on ageing and older people in Ireland. Our mission is to achieve fundamental change in the lives of all older people by eliminating age discrimination, promoting positive ageing and securing their right to comprehensive and high quality services. Our vision is that Ireland becomes the best country in which to grow older.
Our charity shops provide us with independent funding to continue our work with older people across Ireland.
Why we need you?
As a customer service assistant, you can help to ensure our customers receive the best possible service and enjoy our shop and what it has to offer. Join the gang and help to make our shops a huge success.
What skills do you need?
We are looking for passionate volunteers who are enthusiastic about the work of Age Action. You will have good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with people and work as part of a team. Basic numeracy skills will also be of benefit.
What will you be doing?
- Talking to customers and making them feel welcome in the shop
- Advising and helping people as they shop
- Operating the till and dealing with various types of payment
- Answering customer enquiries
- Sorting, steaming and pricing of donated stock
Times and commitment required for this role
Ideally we would like volunteers who can volunteer between 9am to 5pm on at least 2 half days or at least one full day per week.
Please let us know what hours you are available, as we can accommodate several different schedules.
Minimum time commitment: 3 months
Hours per week required: minimum of 8 hours
- 30/31 Lower Camden St, Dublin 2
- Unit 5 St Helen’s Court, Dun Laoghaire
- 31 Glaslough Street, Monaghan
- 15 Terenure Place, Ternure, Dublin 6W
- 5Bharr Na Straide, Ballincollig, Cork
- 3 St Francis Sttreet, Galway
- Unit 6, Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate, Dublin 10
Screening details for this role
- Application Form
- Two references
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Induction and training
- Support & recognition
- Public transport expenses will be reimbursed
- Lunch expenses (if volunteering for 7 hours or more)
- Reference upon successful completion of 3 months' volunteering
How to apply?
Send your completed application form (see link below) and up-to date CV to email@example.com.
Informal enquiries welcomed to Jennifer Coen on 01 4756989.