Bank of Ireland are proud to partner with one of our flagship charities Age Action to help promote their upcoming 5km on Thursday the 27th of September 2018 which will be taking place in advance of Positive Ageing Week. The run will take place on Sandymount Promenade and Beach and will start at 7pm.
The registration fee for the event is €20 – All of the funding raised for Age Action will be matched in full by Bank of Ireland. As a result each race entry fee will provide 2 hours of support for older people in need.
- Limited number of places available
- Open to runners, joggers & walkers of all ages
- Flat terrain makes it an ideal course to aim for a Personal Best!
- Full chip timing for all participants
- Free t-shirt for all participants
- Bag drop/storage will be available on the day
- Registration/run packs will be available for collection in advance in a range of city centre locations (you will be e-mailed with more details in advance)
- Start/Finish point at Clan Na Gael GAA Club beside Sean Moore Park on Sandymount Strand (see map here)
Age Action was established in 1992 with the mission to promote positive ageing, challenging negative stereotyping of older persons as dependent and in need, and mobilised and empowered older people. Since then Age Action has become the leading advocacy organisation for older people and is the “voice” of older people.
The partnership between Bank of Ireland and Age Action aims to support older people and allow them to remain active and stay connected in their communities. It combines volunteering, fundraising and financial support as well as providing teaching on the basics of the internet and digital world through Tea & Tech sessions.