Age Action's main activities are:
- Advocacy and campaigning on behalf of all older people
- Information service
- Reference library
- Publications including the monthly Ageing Matters in Ireland
- Conferences, seminars and education and training programmes
- National and international pilot projects to promote innovation and good practice
- Development aid and education
- Research and evaluation
- Fund-raising, including charity shops
- Liaison and co-operation with other organisations
- Liaison and co-operation with other countries
- Services including Care & Repair Programme, University of the Third Age (U3A), Intergenerational Activities and Getting Started (programme teaching older people how to use computers).
Age Action's main objectives are:
- To improve communication and co-operation among the organisations and individuals concerned with ageing and older people.
- To enhance the exchange of information and views about the needs of older people and the development of appropriate policies and services.
- To promote greater interest and involvement in research.
- To assist and undertake innovative projects and services for older people and their carers.
- To assist statutory and voluntary agencies in developing more effective policies and services.