You are here
Van Driver/Stock Collector (Job Ref CES-2111266)
|Contract Type||Community Employment|
|Contract Duration||12 months|
|Job Location||Cherry Orchard, Dublin 10|
Age Action is the leading advocacy organisation on ageing and older people in Ireland. Our mission is to achieve fundamental change in the lives of all older people by eliminating age discrimination, promoting positive ageing and securing their right to comprehensive and high quality services. Our vision is that Ireland becomes the best country in which to grow older. Our aim is to achieve fundamental change in the lives of all ageing people and especially people in later life by empowering them to live full lives as independent and actively engaged citizens and to secure their rights to comprehensive high quality services according to their changing needs.
Charity Stores/Stock Delivery & Collection Service
The role of the Charity Stores team is to generate independent funding for the core activities fo the organisation. Currently there are six stores, a showroom and a stock collection and delivery service. The Head of Retail has overall responsibility for the charity stores and stock collection and delivery service.
Post: Assistant Van Driver/Stock Collection/Delivery
Department: Charity Stores
Responsible to: Logistics Manager
Hours of Work: 19.5 hours per week
Competencies: Willingness to learn, however full clean drivers licence is essential. Experience in customer service would be an advantage.
The main duties and responsibilities are to assist in the following areas:
- To assist with the management of the day to day operations of the stock delivery and collection service
- To comply with the Company Vehicle Handbook
- To act in a responsible manner when dealing with clients and in the possession of any charity vehicle or equipment
- To work with a team of drivers/stock collectors/CRM operators on a daily basis.
- To collect donated stock
- To deliver stock purchased through the stores
- To assist with the handling of customer queries
- To assist in the effective distribution of stock to other Age Action stores and warehouse
- To ensure compliance with health and safety
- To ensure compliance with all Age Action’s policies and procedures
- To maintain a flexible approach to all aspects of the job
- To attend meetings and training courses when necessary
- Carry out all reasonable requests of the Stock Manager
To apply for C.E. vacancies please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for any vacancy. Find details of your local employment office here.
Please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for this vacancy. Job Reference Number CES-2111266 will be required. Eligibility to participate on CE is generally linked to those who are 21 years or over . Applicants must also be in receipt of an Irish social welfare payment for 1 year or more.
Applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you would like to be considered for the post with an up to date CV and details of two referees. I should be grateful if you would confirm that you are eligible.
Age Action Ireland is totally opposed to age discrimination and the best candidate will be appointed regardless of age. Being over 50 years of age will not be a disadvantage