You are here
Van Driver / Maintenance (Job Ref CES-2121691) x 2 posts
|Contract Type||Community Employment|
|Contract Duration||12 months|
|Job Location||Inchicore, Dublin 8|
About Age Action
Age Action is Ireland’s leading advocacy organisation for older people. Age Action works to ensure that older people’s voices are heard at the highest level of Government and that the lived experience of older people informs policy responses to their needs.
Age Action supports and advocates for equality and human rights for all older people.
Everything we do is based on a recognition of the diversity of identity and situation among older people and a concern for equality for all older people. In addressing ageing, our work includes a concern to influence perspectives on and responses to ageing. This pursuit of equality and human rights is underpinned by our work to promote ageing in place, life‐long learning, and health and wellbeing for older people, empowering them to live as active citizens.
Our work is driven by an organisation that is professional in its operations and lives out its values of dignity, participation, diversity, social justice, and professionalism.
Care & Repair
The purpose of the Care & Repair Programme is to carry out minor repairs for older people free of charge, to give them access to reliable tradesmen for larger jobs and to provide a befriending service. The vision of the programme is to enable older to remain in their own homes, in their own communities, living as independently as possible, through the improvement of their housing conditions and their level of comfort, security and well-being.
Willingness to learn, however full clean drivers licence is essential. A reasonable level of DIY skills and experience in customer service would be an advantage.
The main duties and responsibilities are to assist in the following areas:
- To drive Age Action vans to and from required locations
- To assess and carry out minor repairs and DIY/Gardening work
- To work with the care and repair team of drivers and admin staff on a daily basis.
- To assist with the handling of customer queries
- To assist with collection, delivery, handling and storage of donated items
- To ensure that the relevant equipment and materials are available at all times
- To complete relevant paperwork.
- To be helpful, friendly and respectful when dealing with clients
- To report any concerns about the health, well-being or living conditions of clients to the Age Action Regional Manager
- To comply with the Company Vehicle Handbook
- To ensure compliance with health and safety
- To ensure compliance with all Age Action’s policies and procedures
- To maintain a flexible approach to all aspects of the job Age Action’s work
- To attend meetings and training courses when necessary
- Carry out all reasonable requests of the Development Officer and National Development Manager
To apply for C.E. vacancies please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for any vacancy. Find details of your local employment office here.
Please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for this vacancy. Job Reference Number CES-2121691 will be required. Eligibility to participate on CE is generally linked to those who are 21 years or over . Applicants must also be in receipt of an Irish social welfare payment for 1 year or more.
Applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you would like to be considered for the post with an up to date CV and details of two referees. I should be grateful if you would confirm that you are eligible.
Age Action Ireland is totally opposed to age discrimination and the best candidate will be appointed regardless of age. Being over 50 years of age will not be a disadvantage