You are here
Retail Supervisor (Camden St)
|Contract Type||Part Time|
|Contract Duration||Fixed term - 12 months (which may be extended)|
|Job Location||Camden St, Dublin 2|
Age Action is Ireland’s leading advocacy organisation for older people. Age Action works to ensure that older people’s voices are heard at the highest level of Government and that the lived experience of older people informs policy responses to their needs.
Age Action strives for a rights-based approach to how Ireland supports and plans for each of us as we grow older.
Age Action works under four themes; Health & Wellbeing; Ageing in Place; Lifelong Learning; and Advocacy & Rights. Our programmes are designed to ensure that older people are supported to be active, engaged members of their community whose voices are heard at all levels of service planning and policy making.
Charity Stores & Showroom
The essential role of the Charity stores and showroom team is to generate independent funding for the core activities of Age Action. Currently there are seven charity stores and a showroom facility along with a full stock collection and delivery service. The Head of Retail has overall responsibility for the charity stores, showroom and stock collection and delivery service.
The Retail Supervisor will be responsible to the Head of Retail. As the Retail Supervisor you will have accountability for growing sales and profitability within the store as well as being dealing directly with all customer queries and actively selling from the shop floor. The Retail Supervisor will receive training in all aspects of the operation of Age Action’s retail store operation and gain in-depth experience in all aspects of our work.
Age Action’s work is influenced by a set of core organisation values. Click here to see our values statement. The Retail Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all activities and processes under their remit are conducted in line with the organisation’s values.
The successful candidate will be responsible for aiding in the management of all aspects of the Store including: -
- Customer service will be the priority for the Retail Supervisor
- Merchandising stock and visual display will be required ongoing
- Opening and closing of unit.
- Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff and volunteers
- Delivering sales targets
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Maximising profitability and meeting sales targets
- Assisting the Social media and online administrator with promoting and marketing the store
- Overseeing preparation, pricing and stock control of all donations
- Accountability of cash handling and till management
- Ensuring End of Day and End of Week procedures are adhered to
- Ensuring the full management of theft
- Handling customer queries and complaints and liaising with the Head of Retail on same
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and Age Action’s policies and procedures
- To maintain a flexible approach to all aspects of the job
- To ensure the Store is cleaned and maintained to a high standard
- Acting as a nominated key holder for the premises
- To attend meetings and training courses when necessary
- Carry out all reasonable requests of the Head of Retail and the Store Manager
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience in the retail sector is desirable
- Knowledge of retail management best practices desirable
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organising and leadership skills
- Full clean driving license desirable but not essential
- Commercial awareness
- Analytical mind and familiarity with data analysis principles
Conditions of Service
This is a fixed term (12 months) Part – time contract which may be extended. The person appointed must be flexible regarding working hours to include weekends. The post is based in Camden St, Dublin 2.
Competitive salary offered depending on qualifications and experience. In addition, the successful candidate will be included in the Company’s Death in Service Benefit Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and eligible to join the staff pension scheme after successfully completing their probation.
Applications by letter outlining your suitability for the post (maximum 300 words), quoting job reference CSRS19, with CV and details of two referees by email to: email@example.com by 5:00pm on Monday 14th October 2019.
Informal enquiries in confidence to Gail Kennedy, Head of Retail on 01 9121850, 086 4177607.
Age Action is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we do not accept discrimination of any kind. We are keen to recruit colleagues with a range of experience, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender re-assignment, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status or maternity status