You are here
Maintenance Assistant/Administrator Job Ref (CES-2237917) x 1 posts
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Contract Duration||12 months|
|Job Location||Dublin 2|
About Age Action
Age Action is Ireland’s leading advocacy organisation for older people. Age Action works to ensure that older people’s voices are heard at the highest level of Government and that the lived experience of older people informs policy responses to their needs.
Age Action supports and advocates for equality and human rights for all older people.
Everything we do is based on a recognition of the diversity of identity and situation among older people and a concern for equality for all older people. In addressing ageing, our work includes a concern to influence perspectives on and responses to ageing. This pursuit of equality and human rights is underpinned by our work to promote ageing in place, life‐long learning, and health and wellbeing for older people, empowering them to live as active citizens.
Our work is driven by an organisation that is professional in its operations and lives out its values of dignity, participation, diversity, social justice, and professionalism.
Key role: Support the engagement of a broad range of stakeholders in Age Action programmes and activities. These programmes and activities include the programmes listed below and Age Actions wider policy work, volunteer engagement opportunities and income generation activities.
Reports to: Regional Programmes Manager
Post: Maintenance Assistant/Administrator
Department: Regional Programmes
Hours of Work: 19.5 hours per week
Garda Vetting Required for this role
Competencies: Willingness to learn, a reasonable level of DIY skills and experience in customer service/ administration, driver’s licence is not essential although would be an advantage
The main duties and responsibilities are to assist in the following areas:
- To assist driver of Age Action vans to and from required locations
- To assess and carry out minor repairs and DIY/Gardening work
- To work with the care and repair team of drivers and admin staff on a daily basis.
- To assist with the handling of customer queries
- To ensure that the relevant equipment and materials are available at all times
- To complete relevant paperwork.
- To be helpful, friendly and respectful when dealing with clients
- To report any concerns about the health, well-being or living conditions of clients to the Age Action Regional Manager
- To comply with the Company Vehicle Handbook
- To ensure compliance with health and safety
- Inputting and maintaining CRM database of contacts and activities
- Ensuring that detailed specifics of each incoming job request are recorded in line with requirements of Age Action’s systems.
- Allocating jobs to the maintenance / van drivers
- Ensure that appropriate tradesperson referral is provided, when requested, and to note appropriate details on the job record form
- Ensure compliance with all Age Action’s policies and procedures
- Maintain a flexible approach to all aspects of Age Action’s work.
- Attend meetings and training courses when necessary
- Carry out all reasonable requests of the Development Officer and National Development Manager
Age Action currently runs the following programmes in the region:
- Care & Repair
Age Action’s Care and Repair does small DIY jobs for older people to help them maintain their homes and their independence. Operating in Cork, Dublin and Galway, Care and Repair does jobs that might be more difficult to complete as we get older people but not big enough to call in a tradesperson.
Age Action’s Care and Repair prioritises carrying out jobs in the homes of older people who are being discharged or have recently been discharged from hospital. If someone is coming out of hospital, no matter where they live, we would support them to make sure their house is safe. Care and Repair can remove trip hazards, install handrails, replace toilet seats, or move a bed downstairs to make sure the home is ready for their return.
For any job that is too big or specialised for our team we can provide details of local tradespeople.
To apply for C.E. vacancies please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for any vacancy. Find details of your local employment office here.
Please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for this vacancy. Job Reference Number CES-2237917 will be required. Eligibility to participate on CE is generally linked to those who are 21 years or over . Applicants must also be in receipt of an Irish social welfare payment for 1 year or more.
Applications by email to email@example.com outlining why you would like to be considered for the post with an up to date CV and details of two referees. I should be grateful if you would confirm that you are eligible.
Age Action is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we do not accept discrimination of any kind. We are keen to recruit colleagues with a range of experience, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender re-assignment, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status or maternity status