You are here
Administrative Assistant Care & Repair Programme (Job Ref CES-2129217)
|Contract Type||Community Employment|
|Contract Duration||12 months|
|Job Location||Inchicore, Dublin 8|
About Age Action
Age Action is Ireland’s leading advocacy organisation for older people. Age Action works to ensure that older people’s voices are heard at the highest level of Government and that the lived experience of older people informs policy responses to their needs.
Age Action supports and advocates for equality and human rights for all older people.
Everything we do is based on a recognition of the diversity of identity and situation among older people and a concern for equality for all older people. In addressing ageing, our work includes a concern to influence perspectives on and responses to ageing. This pursuit of equality and human rights is underpinned by our work to promote ageing in place, life‐long learning, and health and wellbeing for older people, empowering them to live as active citizens.
Our work is driven by an organisation that is professional in its operations and lives out its values of dignity, participation, diversity, social justice, and professionalism.
Care & Repair
The purpose of the Care & Repair Programme is to carry out minor repairs for older people free of charge, to give them access to reliable tradesmen for larger jobs and to provide a befriending service. The vision of the programme is to enable older to remain in their own homes, in their own communities, living as independently as possible, through the improvement of their housing conditions and their level of comfort, security and well-being.
Post: Administrative Assistant
Department: Care & Repair
Responsible to: National Development Manager C&R
Hours of Work: 19.5 hours per week
Competencies: Willingness to learn however some experience of telephone techniques, IT and administration would be an advantage
The main duties and responsibilities are to assist in the following areas:
- Handling telephone enquiries
- Recording details on CRM
- Ensuring that detailed specifics of each incoming job request are recorded in line with requirements of Age Action’s systems.
- Allocating jobs to the maintenance / van drivers
- Occasionally travel in the van to jobs as second person for administrative purposes, e.g. to introduce clients, complete job forms, monitor job schedules, ensure client is satisfied with service.
- Liaising with Community Partners
- Ensure that appropriate tradesperson referral are provided, when requested, and to note appropriate details on the job record form
- Ensure compliance with all Age Action’s policies and procedures
- Maintain a flexible approach to all aspects of Age Action’s work.
- Attend meetings and training courses when necessary
- Carry out all reasonable requests of the Development Officer and National Development Manager.
Please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for this vacancy. Find details of your local employment office here. Job Reference Number CES-2129217 will be required.
Eligibility to participate on CE is generally linked to those who are 21 years or over for the Childcare, Health and Social Care sectors and 25 years of age or over for all other areas. Applicants must also be in receipt of an Irish social welfare payment for 1 year or more.
Applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you would like to be considered for the post with an up to date CV and details of two referees. I should be grateful if you would confirm that you are eligible.
Age Action Ireland is totally opposed to age discrimination and the best candidate will be appointed regardless of age. Being over 50 years of age will not be a disadvantage