You are here
Admin Assistant - Stock Collection JOB REF CES-2118332
|Contract Type||Community Employment|
|Contract Duration||Part-Time, 19.5 hours|
|Job Location||Cherry Orchard, Dublin 10|
Age Action Ireland, which was established in 1992, is the leading advocacy organisation on ageing and older people in Ireland. Our mission is to achieve fundamental change in the lives of all older people by empowering them to live full lives as actively engaged citizens and to secure their rights to comprehensive high quality services according to their changing needs. Our main activities are grouped under the following headings, each of which is the responsibility of a programme manager: administration, finance, advocacy & communications, fundraising, charity Stores including stock collection, regional development and services.
Charity Stores/Stock Delivery & Collection Service
The role of the Charity Stores team is to generate independent funding for the core activities of the organisation. Currently there are six stores, a showroom and a stock collection and delivery service. The Head of Retail has overall responsibility for the charity stores and stock collection and delivery service.
The main duties and responsibilities are to assist in the following areas:
- Support the Logistics Manager in the day to day operations of the Stock Collection and delivery service
- Using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Dynamics CRM
- Filing and keeping accurate records in relation to all aspects of stock collection
- Keeping up to date and accurate records on the CRM
- To work with a team of drivers/stock collectors on a daily basis.
- To assist with the handling of customer queries by phone and email
- To assist with planning daily and weekly collection and delivery service
- To ensure compliance with health and safety
- To ensure compliance with all Age Action’s policies and procedures
- To maintain a flexible approach to all aspects of the job
- To attend meetings and training courses when necessary
- Carry out all reasonable requests of the Logistics Manager
Please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for this vacancy. Find details of your local employment office here. Job Reference Number CES- 218332 will be required.
Eligibility to participate on CE is generally linked to those who are 21 years or over for the Childcare, Health and Social Care sectors and 25 years of age or over for all other areas. Applicants must also be in receipt of an Irish social welfare payment for 1 year or more.
Applications by email to email@example.com outlining why you would like to be considered for the post with an up to date CV and details of two referees. I should be grateful if you would confirm that you are eligible.
Age Action Ireland is totally opposed to age discrimination and the best candidate will be appointed regardless of age. Being over 50 years of age will not be a disadvantage