You are here
Admin Assistant Finance (Job Ref - CES-2240175)
|Contract Type||Community Employment, 19.5 hours per week|
|Contract Duration||1 year|
|Job Location||Dublin 2|
About Age Action
Age Action is Ireland’s leading advocacy organisation for older people. Age Action works to ensure that older people’s voices are heard at the highest level of Government and that the lived experience of older people informs policy responses to their needs.Age Action supports and advocates for equality and human rights for all older people.Everything we do is based on a recognition of the diversity of identity and situation among older people and a concern for equality for all older people. In addressing ageing, our work includes a concern to influence perspectives on and responses to ageing. This pursuit of equality and human rights is underpinned by our work to promote ageing in place, life‐long learning, and health and wellbeing for older people, empowering them to live as active citizens.Our work is driven by an organisation that is professional in its operations and lives out its values of dignity, participation, diversity, social justice, and professionalism.Responsible to: Head of Finance
Objective: To support Finance dept in day to day operation
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Competencies: Willingness to learn with an interest in finance. Some experience of IT and administration would be an advantage. This is a developmental opportunity, no experience necessary. Accredited training will be provided to support your career.
Duties will include:
- Create, process and issue invoices
- Undertake follow-up correspondence relating to non-payment
- Maintain and distribute aged debtors reports
- Processing accounts payable invoices on Quickbooks
- Allocating payments to supplier accounts
- Investigating accounts payable queries
- Prepare lodgements for all income received
- Record all income transactions on Quickbooks
- Reconciliation of bank accounts each month
- Record and process petty cash accounts and floats
- General data entry, filing and miscellaneous administration tasks
- Any other duties as required
- To ensure compliance with all Age Action’s policies and procedures
- To maintain a flexible approach to all aspects of the job
- To attend meetings and training courses when necessary
- Carry out all reasonable requests of the Head of Finance
o apply for C.E. vacancies please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for any vacancy. Find details of your local employment office here.
Please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for this vacancy. Job Reference Number CES-2240175 will be required. Eligibility to participate on CE is generally linked to those who are 21 years or over . Applicants must also be in receipt of an Irish social welfare payment for 1 year or more.
Applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you would like to be considered for the post with an up to date CV and details of two referees. I should be grateful if you would confirm that you are eligible.
Age Action Ireland is totally opposed to age discrimination and the best candidate will be appointed regardless of age. Being over 50 years of age will not be a disadvantage