You are here
Admin Assistant Finance (Job Ref - 2106882)
|Contract Type||Community Employment, 19.5 hours per week|
|Contract Duration||1 year|
|Job Location||Inchicore, Dublin 8|
Finance Assistant Community Employment - Reference -CES -2106882
Background: Age Action Ireland, which was established in 1992, is the leading advocacy organisation on ageing and older people in Ireland. Our mission is to achieve fundamental change in the lives of all older people by empowering them to live full lives as actively engaged citizens and to secure their rights to comprehensive high quality services according to their changing needs. Our main activities are grouped under the following headings, each of which is the responsibility of a staff team, advocacy & communications, business development, including Charity Shops, administration and finance and regional development and services.
Responsible to: Head of Finance
Objective: To support Finance dept in day to day operation
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a developmental opportunity, no experience necessary. Accredited training will be provided to support your career. The position is in the above area.
Duties will include:
- Create, process and issue invoices
- Undertake follow-up correspondence relating to non-payment
- Maintain and distribute aged debtors reports
- Processing accounts payable invoices on Quickbooks
- Allocating payments to supplier accounts
- Investigating accounts payable queries
- Prepare lodgements for all income received
- Record all income transactions on Quickbooks
- Reconciliation of bank accounts each month
- Record and process petty cash accounts and floats
- General data entry, filing and miscellaneous administration tasks
- Any other duties as required
- To ensure compliance with all Age Action’s policies and procedures
- To maintain a flexible approach to all aspects of the job
- To attend meetings and training courses when necessary
- Carry out all reasonable requests of the Head of Finance
o apply for C.E. vacancies please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for any vacancy. Find details of your local employment office here.
Please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for this vacancy. Job Reference Number CES-2106882 will be required. Eligibility to participate on CE is generally linked to those who are 21 years or over . Applicants must also be in receipt of an Irish social welfare payment for 1 year or more.
Applications by email to email@example.com outlining why you would like to be considered for the post with an up to date CV and details of two referees. I should be grateful if you would confirm that you are eligible.
Age Action Ireland is totally opposed to age discrimination and the best candidate will be appointed regardless of age. Being over 50 years of age will not be a disadvantage